Giving An Answer Why You Believe the Bible is True
Engaging Spiritual Conversations in a Reluctant World |Giving Answers: Proving the Bible is Real
May 16, 2021
2 Timothy 3:16
2 Peter 1:20-21
1. What convinces you the most that the Bible is truly God’s Word and not just a fabrication of man?
2. Read 2 Timothy 3:16. What does Paul mean by teaching us that the Scriptures are “God-breathed”?
3. Read 2 Peter 1:20-21. How does this testimony from Peter better affirm to you that what he wrote down was actually what the Spirit of God was telling him?
4. Discuss the evidences supporting the Bible’s authenticity in the following areas:
How do these better equip you to answer someone who is skeptical of the Bible?
5. Read Psalm 19:7-9. What characteristics are used to describe the power of God’s Law (Word) and what are the results for the person reading/receiving and applying them?
6. Discuss various passages of Scripture that the Holy Spirit used to lead you to Christ, and a passage(s) that spoke to you personally through a tenuous time in your life.
7. Have you allowed God’s Word to speak into your life this week? If so, how?