The Indescribable, Unshakable, Eternal Kingdom of God (Hebrews 12:18-29)
Complete in Jesus / “The Indescribable, Unshakable, Eternal Kingdom of God”
June 5, 2022
1. What event is described in verses 18-21 of Hebrews 12?
2. What was the people’s reaction when God descended onto Mt. Sinai? Why were they so afraid?
3. Read verses 22-24. What does Mount Zion refer to?
4. Compare and contrast the old covenant and the new covenant. What does it mean that Jesus is our Mediator? (See also 1 Timothy 2:5 and Romans 8:34.)
5. Read verses 25-29. What warning is given in verse 25 that we can learn from regarding the Israelites in the wilderness? What application is there for us in this?
6. When will this “second shaking” take place and what does it refer to? (Read Ex 19:12-18 for the account of the first account of God’s shaking the earth.)
7. What are the things which cannot be shaken (27-28)? (See also Revelation 21:1-2.)
8. What acceptable service can you offer to God? What attitude should we have towards Him?
9. How is God a “consuming fire?” How does this affect the way you live out your faith this week?
*Some study questions adopted and revised from studyandobey.com