Living a Life Pleasing to God: Part 2 (Hebrews 13:9-19)
Complete In Jesus / A Life Pleasing To God:Part 2
June 19, 2022
1. Read Hebrews 13:9-14. What strange teaching was alluded to in verse 9? How can a person best avoid falling for strange/false teachings?
2. Why are there no “new” teachings or revelations? (see verse 8?) What should our response be to someone who says they have a new revelation from God?
3. What is the altar in verse 10? Who does verse 10 refer to when it says “those who serve the tabernacle?”
In what way did Jesus die “outside the gate?” What gate? How can we go to Him outside the camp?
4. What is the city which is to come? How can you seek it?
5. Read Hebrews 13:15-19. When should we be praising God? Why?
6. What do you think counts as a sacrifice of praise? What is the significance of it being called a “sacrifice?”
Why does verse 16 say we should share with others? How can we express our love for God through sharing what God has given us?
7. What leaders do you think are referenced in verse 17? What insight does this give us about what Christian leaders should be doing? How should this verse motivate leaders? Describe in your own words what kind of actions you believe would give a leader joy? Grief?
8. How does this motivate you to support those who are your spiritual leaders?
9. What teachable lesson in this passage spoke to you the most? Why? How will it change the way you follow the Lord Jesus this week?
Questions taken from: studyandobey.com