Living A Life Pleasing to God (Hebrews 13:1-8)
Complete in Jesus / “Living a Life Pleasing to God”
June 12, 2022
1. Read Hebrews 13:1-8. Based on verse 1, what is at stake in the relationships that brothers and sisters in Christ have with each other? (Also read John 13:34- 35.)
2. How do you actively and fervently seek to love your brothers and sisters in Christ? How do you actively and fervently seek to allow your brothers and sisters in Christ to love you?
3. According to verse 2, what reasons might there be that God brings strangers across your path? How does your response to them change knowing that they might even be angelic beings? Should it change?
4. Verse 3 calls us to remember those suffering for the sake of the gospel. Research ‘www.opendoors.com’ and learn how Christians today are suffering persecution. What can/should you do for those who suffer for their faith not only around the world, but also in your own community/country?
5. Read verse 4. How is the covenant of marriage an earthly representation of Christ and His bride, the Church? See also: Revelation 19:7; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Relation 21:2.
6. Read verses 5-6 and define in your own words, contentment. Why is the love of money so dangerous? See also: 1 Timothy 6:10; Matthew 6:24.
7. According to verse 7, what value is there in looking to others as an example of how to follow Jesus? When could looking at someone else as a role model become unhealthy?
8. Finally, verse 8 declares that Jesus is the same “yesterday, today, and forever”. What does this teach you about the nature of Christ Jesus? What are the implications to this truth? Why is this important to realize?
9. What specific instruction spoke most into your life from this passage? How will it affect life change as you choose to put Jesus first in everything this week?