Pressing on in Faith (Hebrews 10:5-25)
Complete in Jesus | “Jesus: The Greatest Sacrifice”
May 1, 2022
1. Read Hebrews 10:5-10. According to verse 5-7 (quoted from Psalm 40:6-8), when would the Lord not desire our sacrifices and offerings? (See also Psalm 51:16-17; 1 Samuel 15:22; Isaiah 1:11.) What does this truth tell us about how the Lord receives our worship? Our offerings? Our acts of service? Do you struggle with having the right motivation when you are worshiping/giving/serving in the Lord’s name? In what way?
2. How might this passage in Hebrews 10 change the way you view the Lord’s Supper? Why was Christ’s physical body so important for our salvation?
3. Read Hebrews 10:11-15. According to these verses, how does Christ Jesus fulfill the role of the Old Covenant? What does it mean to be sanctified? How does that affect your faith in Christ?
4. Read Hebrews 10:16-18. What does the Holy Spirit say to us? How does He speak?
5. What does it mean in verse 18, “Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin.”? (See also verses 19-21.) Do you find comfort in this teaching? Why or why not?
6. Read Hebrews 10:22-25. What are the three ‘let us’ statements? What do they mean and what does this look like in your life practically? Daily?
7. Identify at least one person in your life who has come alongside you in your faith walk with the Lord Jesus. How have they encouraged you? Who that the Lord has put in your life might be struggling in their faith walk, that you can encourage? What does that look like?